Priyanka Chopra and American singer Nick Jonas relationship has been in news for the past couple of months. Jonas reportedly popped the question on Priyanka’s birthday last month. But, the couple never went public with their relationship. PeeCee has always maintained that her personal life
Now, all eyes are on the big day as this power couple is expected to officially announce their relation following a traditional ceremony in Mumbai.
According to media reports, Nick and Priyanka Chopra went out for a dinner ‘pre-engagement dinner’ on Friday night along with their families. The couple were spotted holding hands at JW Mariott in Mumbai, with Priyanka flashing her 5-carat engagement ring, estimated to cost about $200,000. Nick and his parents arrived at Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai, on Thursday night.
As the family prepares for a traditional engagement ceremony, let’s have a look at five things you need to know about this special day.
1. A roka ceremony was held in traditional Indian style at Priyanka Chopra’s bungalow. Which was followed by a puja. The couple wore traditional Indian attire.
2. After the puja they will host a lunch which will have Punjabi cuisine.
3. This will be followed by a big evening bash at a five star hotel in the city. The couple has reportedly booked 200 rooms at the hotel for the function.
4. Priyanka is expected to wear a gown for the party. Nick has reportedly tried Dal Makhani and Butter Chicken and quite liked it. He wants his parents to try it too. So, the evening menu will have these dishes.
5. Nick’s brothers Kevin and Joe are expected to join the celebration with their friends and family. Bollywood celebrities Ranveer Singh, Manish Malhotra, Karan Johar, Sophie Choudhary and Raveena Tandon have reportedly made it to the guest list.