Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmaavat (Padmavati) still going strong on the Box Office. It has recieved full benefit of the Solo Release that it recieved after Akshay Kumar Postponed the release date of Pad Man on Bhansali’s request.
Box Office Collection of Padmaavat (Padmavati).
Padmaavat (Padmavati) has been recieving lot of appraisals from its audiences worldwide as it still goes strong on the Box Office with already 220 crore in its bag and still counting. Padmaavat made to the Box Office on 25th January and has not slowed down since then. Padmaavat (Padmavati) has already become the career best for Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh in Collections and little behind Chennai Express to become Deepika Padukone’s career best. Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh gave the details of the collection through his twitter.
Detailed Day Wise break up of the Box Office Collection.
1. 24th January – (Paid preview) – 5crore
2. 25th January – Thursday- 19 crore
3. 26th January – Friday – 32 crore
4. 27th January – Saturday – 27 crore
5. 28th January – Sunday – 31 crores
6. 29th January – Monday – 15 crores
7. 30th January – Tuesday – 14 crores
8. 1st February – Wednesday – 12.5 crores
9. 2nd February – Thursday – 11 crores
10. 3rd February – Friday – 10 crores
11. 4th February – Saturday – 16 crores
12. 5th February – Sunday – 20 crores
13. 6th February – Monday – 7 crores
Total :- 219.5 crores
Karni Sena also appreciates the movie.
Karni Sena had opposed Padmaavat (Padmavati) since its making on the allegations of a dream scene between Alauddin Khilji (Ranveer Singh) and Rani Padmavati (Deepika Padukone) in the movie saying it defames Rajputana Glory. They had burnt the posters of Padmaavat (then Padmavati) and even assaulted Sanjay Leela Bhansali in Jaipur during its shooting. The oppose was so severe that the movie was banned in many states and has still not been released in Gujarat, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. The release of the movie was delayed due to the opposition. But after the Karni Sena themselves watched the movie they apologised in writing saying that the movie infact glorifies the Rajputana Shaan and requested to release the movie in the remaining states also.